|The Silver Streak|
Oliver family driveway
The Silver Streak is Beck's RV, which is parked in his parent's driveway. He lives in it to be free of his parents' rules. It is filled with old signs and knick-knacks. This location is shown multiple times in the show.
The Silver Streak was purchased by Beck's father from the rapper Fat Biscuit. It has bulletproof windows, one exit, and the air conditioner only runs with the car engine running. Some of the furniture and objects in the RV include a fish tank, two beds, a wall thermometer, a Chinese Checkers game board, a "Care Bears On Fire" poster, Christmas lights, a neon sign outside reading the name, the dashboard of a Ford Mustang, and a 1970's styled carpet.
Beck's RV is an Airstream travel trailer with two axles. Airstreams have been traditionally aerodynamic and built out of aluminum since they were constructed in the 1930s. Given the fact that this one lacks a panoramic windshield, as well as the history of gang-related violence that has infiltrated rap music and culture, this particular model was more than likely built during the 1980s.
Contents of RV
Inside the RV, there is:
- A couch
- A bed
- A closet
- A dirty fish tank
- Some posters
- A shelf
- An undetermined European license plate
- A "table," which is really a bunch of suitcases stacked on top of one another
- Random decorations, such as a rooster statue
- A 1970's styled carpet
There are also many signs in the RV. Some of them say:
- Caution: Hard hat area
- Hard hat and face shield area
- NO loud music
- Beck's rules: (there is then a whiteboard for writing rules. In Jade Dumps Beck, this sign reads "wear pants often").
- Beck's rules:In Survival Of The Hottest,the whiteboard said "buy the ticket,take the ride" which is also what the actor who plays Beck's tatoo says.
In Jade Dumps Beck, Jade breaks up with Beck because he is caught with Alyssa Vaughn, a model and rich daughter of an entrepreneur. Basically, Jade goes to Tori to fix things between her and Beck because she misses him. Here we see Tori enter Beck's trailer for the first time. However, she finds that Beck is actually relieved not to be dating Jade, claiming that she never did anything nice for him. During a discussion over her failed attempt to reunite them, Jade remembers that Beck has always wanted a dog, specifically a Rottweiler. Putting the dog in the RV, the dog attacks what Tori and Jade believe to be Beck, but then realize that it was Mr. Oliver.
Beck also reveals at this time that he lives in an RV because he didn't want to live by his parents rules. Because he's living under his roof, it's his rules.
This is the first time Beck's RV is shown to viewers.
In Survival of the Hottest, a heat wave is passing through Los Angeles, so the gang decides to go to Venice Beach. They go on a Saturday, with the RV hooked to the back of Beck's uncle's truck. When Beck and Jade park the truck and go to the RV to announce to the others that they have arrived, Cat runs out to urinate and Beck and Jade go inside the trailer. When the gang is getting their things together, a gigantic motor home parks right in front of the trailer's only door, causing them to get trapped inside. That was when it was revealed that the AC couldn't work without the engine on, the windows are bullet proof so it doesn't open, there is a fish tank which Beck had actually forgotten he had.They eventually get out by Cat coming inside hours later, and realize the motor home had left hours ago.
In the episode Wi-Fi in the Sky, Beck has a PearChat from the trailer with Tori, André, and Cat in an effort to help finish working on a script for Mr. Gradstein's class. Jade then interrupts the chat to talk to Beck when she notices a puppy in his hands, which André mentions belongs to a cheerleader. Naturally, Jade storms over and kicks the door in, only to find later on that the cheerleader is a nine-year-old, making her realize she has nothing to be jealous over.
In the episode Three Girls And A Moose, Beck and Moose are hanging out outside Beck's RV when Tori, Jade, and Cat arrive.
Mentions on TheSlap
- According to a picture on TheSlap.com the door of the Silver Streak is jacked up because Jade thought a girl was in there with Beck, but it turned out to be an episode of iCarly.
- Beck posts on his TheSlap account: "Earthquake????? Nope - one of the tires on my RV just blew out. Part of the fun of living in a house on wheels." Mood: RV-ish.
- Beck posts on his TheSlap account: "I parked my RV in the school parking lot last night. So I literally rolled out of bed and came to class."
- Beck posts on his TheSlap account: "Had to move my house so my dad could get something out of the garage. How many people can say that? #livinginanRV"
- Beck posts on his TheSlap account: "My neighborhood car wash says they'll clean any vehicle for $10. So I drove my house over there. I think they hate me."
- Below Beck's newest update, a picture of cacti, a garden gnome, and the Silver Streak is shown.
- In Jade Dumps Beck, the door opens on the inside, but in Wi-Fi in the Sky, Jade kicks the door open from the outside of the RV.
- The AC only works in the RV if the truck is running.
- Beck has a housekeeper to clean his RV; her name is Consuela.
- In Survival of the Hottest it's said that the windows don't open because they are bullet proof. But in Three Girls and a Moose, when Beck and Moose are talking just outside the R.V all the windows are opened.