|Born:||June 26th, 1993|
|Years Active:||2008 - present|
|“||You have to be thankful, and I think being in this business is one of the most important things is to give back because there's no better feeling than knowing that your work is being appreciated by people.||”|
Ariana Grande-Butera (born June 26th, 1993) is an American actress, model, and singer who currently plays Cat Valentine on the Nickelodeon TV series, Victorious. She has appeared in some iCarly segments.
- Full Name: Ariana Grande-Butera
- Birthdate: June 26th, 1993
- Age: 19
- Hair Color: Dark Brown (Naturally); Red Velvet (Dyed); Dark Red (Dyed); Brown (Dyed)
- Eye Color: Brown
- Star Sign: Cancer
Early LifeGrande was born and raised in Boca Raton, Florida. She is of Italian descent, half Sicilian, half Abruzzese. As a child, Ariana began performing at Boca Raton’s former Little Palm Theatre for Young People. A few years later, she started to perform in Fort Lauderdale Children's Theater (FLCT). In May 2008, Grande played the role of Charlotte in the musical 13 on Goodspeed, before the Broadway transfer. Months later, 13 the Musicaltransferred to Broadway, and Grande played the same role of Charlotte, for which she won a National Youth Theatre Association Award. When she joined the musical, Grande left her high school, North Broward Preparatory School, but continued to be enrolled. The school sent materials to her for study with tutors. In 2009 and 2010, Grande performed at Birdland Jazz Club in New York City with Miranda Sings. She played the role of Miriam in the first reading of the forthcoming musical Cuba Libre composed by Desmond Child. Grande teaches music and dance to children in South Africa each year as a member of "Broadway in South Africa." Grande's hair is also naturally brown and curly, but was asked by creator Dan Schneider to dye her hair red because he didn't want a cast of all brunettes. (Because of the shooting schedule, she has to have her hair re-dyed every other week.) She enjoys getting "technically involved" with the TV show: she likes to help and/or watch the producers put together the songs, camera shots, etc. She performs at gigs singing and doing covers of songs, which many she has posted on YouTube.
CareerAriana is also known for playing the role of Charlotte for the musical 13 on Broadway, in which Elizabeth Gillies also starred in 13 as Lucy, which won her a National Youth Theater Association Award. She played the role of Miriam in the first reading of the new musical Cuba Libre composed by Desmond Child. She has worked with Grammy-winning composers including Diane Warren. In summer 2009 and summer 2011, she taught music and dance to children in South Africa as a member of Broadway in South Africa. She is the younger sister of actor, producer and director Frankie Grande, and has appeared as a contestant in a celebrity episode of the Nickelodeon game show BrainSurge. Ariana also does popular impressions of people on her YouTube channel, including Shakira, Britney Spears, and others.
Grande is currently working on her solo music career while filming Victorious. She has covered many popular songs such as "Love The Way You Lie", "Born This Way/Express Yourself", "Grenade" and "Vienna" (originally by Billy Joel). She sang an original song called "Suitcase" live and has also recorded a song called "Stick Around" with Graham Phillips (He is also in 13 as the lead role of this Musical), written by Peter Stengaard and Leslie Satcher.
Ariana performed the National Anthem for the first LIVE ESPN broadcast of the Anthem for the Florida Panthers (NHL) when she was 8 years old. Her back-up dancers include/have included Ian Paget, Isaac Calpito, her brother Frankie, Mike Shawn, Emmanuel "Manny" Hernandez, Shane, Scott Nicholson, Brian Nicholson, and Jordan Viscomi.
She is currently writing songs for an upcoming solo album. Her first single "Put Your Hearts Up", co-written by her, Linda Perry and Matt Squire, made its world premiere at http://ryanseacrest.com/. Because of the feedback from her fans, the single was released on iTunes on December 12, 2011, which was earlier than planned release date. The official music video was released on Valentine's Day, 2012, on YouTube.
On December 28, 2011, she performed at Irving Plaza in New York, which got sold out. She also debuted another song, "Honeymoon Avenue" in her show. On her twitter, she revealed that another song in her album will be titled, "Pink Champagne". She debuted this song in mid-February via her concert at The Roxy. She will soon be releasing a new single called "Do You Love Me?" The song is a duet with LMFAO's Sky Blu.
It was discovered by EW.com in August 2012, that Ariana, along with Jennette McCurdy, will be starring in a new, spin-off of iCarly, where "...eccentric Cat Valentine and sassy Sam Puckett will buddy up as roommates and start a babysitting business to fund their adventures, in the tentatively titled series Sam & Cat." Originally, Grande was supposed to remain in the Cat role on both Sam & Cat and Victorious, but the abrupt cancellation of Victorious ended these plans.
Pasadena Playhouse recently confirmed via Twitter that she will be playing Snow White in their production of "A Snow White Christmas" from December 12–30, 2012. (This role was previously filled by The Glee Project contestant Lindsay Pearce.)
- She was born in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Her height is 5' 2½" (1.58 m).
- She is best friends with Liz Gillies, who is another star from the show.
- Her name was inspired by Princess Oriana from Felix the Cat.
- Her natural hair color is brown, but she dyed her hair to red for her role of Cat in Victorious, since Dan Schneider didn't want all cast members to be brunettes. Her hair is also naturally curly.
- She has a big brother named Frankie. He is also a performer and producer and went on tour with her as one of her dancers.
- Ariana has the most Introductions (2 in Season 1, 2 in Season 2 and 3 in Season 3) in the Victorious series.
- Ariana was absent in two Victorious episodes (Jade Dumps Beck and The Wood).
- Ariana accidentally tweeted a picture of Cat's (her) bras, she didn't realize they had her cup size on it.
- She is a 32A bra size.
- Her fashion icons are Marylin Monroe and Audrey Hepburn.
- Her favorite cereal is Cocoa Puffs.
- She has to make her voice higher to play Cat.
- She's allergic to cats (ironically, her character on Victorious loves them and is called Cat). She is also allergic to bananas.
- Like her character, Cat, she has a very girly personality.
- On December 15, 2011, she admitted on Twitter that she's allegedly allergic to bananas, shellfish and some cough medicines.
- Her YouTube channel is osnapitzari (Oh snap, it's Ari!).
- Her Facebook page is here.
- She joined Youtube on January 21st, 2007.
- Her most watched Youtube video is her cover of Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" with over 34,000,000 (34 million) views.
- She has a birthmark on her left shoulder/back and a dimple in her left cheek.
- She loves Celine Dion and Imogen Heap.
- She's a huge techno-junkie and uses Garage Band to create remixes of her favorite songs using an Apple computer, a LOOP keyboard, and a home studio, seen on this video.
- She's a fan of the Harry Potter series. Coincidentally, there's a character named Ariana (Ariana Dumbledore) in the books.
- Her favorite characters in Harry Potter are Luna Lovegood and Draco Malfoy.
- She loves swimming.
- She and Liz Gilles both passed their driving test together on June 13, 2012.
- She used to collect stuffed animals, hockey pucks, and Halloween masks.
- Her FAN mail address is 265 S. Federal Hwy Suite 331 Deerfield Beach, FL 33441.
- Her favorite colors are periwinkle blue, marshmallow white, sea foam green, and coral/pale pink.
- She was on BrainSurge and wore a pink t-shirt and skinny jeans. She had 130 points, allowing her to move onto the next round, being the only girl to compete. But then she lost, along with Carlos (from Big Time Rush) and was the first one to slide down "The Brain Drain". The episode aired on April 21, 2011.
- She is studying Spanish.
- She loves Judy Garland and can impersonate her quite well.
- She has a talent for mimicking the speaking/singing voices of others, including but not limited to Britney Spears, Shakira, Katy Perry, Judy Garland, Jessie J, her best friend and co-star Liz Gillies, a laughing baby, a crying baby and a lamb "baaa-ing".
- She was in the Original Broadway cast of "13: The Musical" with Elizabeth Gillies. She played Charlotte.
- She currently lives in L.A. Her house is over 100 years old and was previously owned by Francis Ford Coppola, the director of The Godfather. She says so in this video.
- Ariana enjoys watching the hit TV show Gossip Girl.
- Her first crush was Justin Timberlake (she was three).
- She has a dog named Coco.
- She is a Peco-Vegetarian, which means she doesn't eat any meat except for fish. Also, she has never eaten catfish.
- She went to her first concert, a Katy Perry concert, in the summer of 2011.
- She says she can't stand it when you smile at a stranger and they don't smile back.
- She went to Washington, DC for the "Worldwide Day of Play 2011".
- She is hypoglycemic (her blood sugar gets low). As a result, she once ate in class and was put into detention. In the end, her mother took her out of it.
- The first time she ever ate a taco was when she was in a Victorious episode, The Breakfast Bunch.
- Once one of her best friends, Jennette McCurdy, accidentally made her phone number public.
- On December 10, 2011, she reached a million followers on Twitter.
- Ariana put her hands in cement at Planet Hollywood, New York, on December 22, 2011.
- The Huffington Post named Ariana Grande the third most influential actress online above Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Aniston and asked her to represent the voice of her generation by becoming their featured high-school section journalist.
- Ariana wrote a news article about bullying, click here to read it.
- Twitter fact: The World Bank, the world's largest development organization, follows Ariana on Twitter.
- Broadway for South Africa, the organization that Ariana supports, used her debut single, "Put Your Hearts Up".
- The Put Your Hearts Up music video was released on the 14th of February (Valentine's Day). It can be viewed here .
- Ariana's birthday is the same as Jennette McCurdy's, but Jennette is one year older, born in 1992, and she was born in 1993.
- Ariana has over 5 million followers on Twitter and has been named one of the Most Asked Actor Online above Charlie Sheen and Reese Witherspoon. This means, online, people ask Ariana for her favorite trends, music, products, etc. more than any other actor online. She has received over 200 world-wide trending topics for a cash value of $240,000,000 and continues to be one of the most influential people online. She is the 37th most re-tweeted person on Twitter and ranks in the 100% percentile of klout.com’s influences.
- Ariana has a demo CD which she hasn't released after 4 years. She posted previews of some songs in her CD, called Rollercoaster, Let It Rain and Higher.
- Her favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate.
- Ariana was partly-discovered by this site
- Her favorite topping is rainbow sprinkles.
- She thinks penguins are cute.
- Her favorite subject is science.
- Her favorite candies are Smarties and Razzles.
- Her favorite fruit is the strawberry.
- Her favorite types of movies are romance and comedy.
- She loves hair bows, dolphins, British accents, and polka dots.
- She can rap.
- She attended North Broward Preparatory School. She once filmed her teacher shouting at her. Click here to watch it.
- On April 21, she got a little heart tattooed on her second toe, dedicated to her song "Tattooed Heart". Click here to watch her getting the tattoo!
- According to her Nick Screen Test, if she could swap lives with a celebrity for the day it would be Michael Jackson.
- She said she has a crush on Bruno Mars.
- Her favorite movie is "13 Going on 30".
- Her favorite restaurant is Toast.
- She recently made a video with Matt Bennett, in which she tries some back stage acting, however most of the video she giggles and can't hold it, like when she tried to look mad, or how she tries to "kiss" the air.
- She loves sea creatures.
- She retweeted this.
- It is confirmed that she and iCarly's star Jennette McCurdy (Sam Puckett) will have a new show, many people say that the show will be called "Sam and Cat".
- She likes "Whole Foods Market" grocery store.
- The French name Ariana is originally derived from the Greek name Ariadne, which means the venerable and lovely.
- Ariana wrote an unnamed song night to September 19, 2012. She tweeted about it here .
- Ariana tweeted that she will be in an upcoming Nickelodeon movie called Swindle, along with Jennette McCurdy. In this movie Ariana will be portraying a very peppy cheerleader called Amanda.
- Ariana's favorite One Direction song is "One Thing".
- Ariana went to Madonna's concert with her mom in Vancouver on September 29, 2012.
- Ariana performed in Fresno on October 13, 2012.
- When Ariana hit 4 million followers on Twitter she wrote an twitlonger.
- She is dating Jai Brooks since summer 2012 and met him in person on New Year's Eve and they have spent it together.You can read about it hereand here.
- She appears in the title sequence 18 times.
- Rihanna follows Ariana on Instragram.
- Ariana hit 5 million followers on the 24th February 2013 and wrote an twitlonger to her fans.
Stage and screen credits
|2010-present||Victorious||Cat Valentine||Main Role|
|2011||iCarly||Cat Valentine||Guest Star in "iParty with Victorious"|
(Season 4, Episodes 11-13)
|2011||Winx Club||Princess Diaspro||Recurring role, voice only|
|2012||Figure It Out||Herself||Judge Panelist|
|2013||Sam and Cat||Cat Valentine||Main Role|
Original Broadway Cast
|Year||Song||Record Company||Chart Position|
|2011||Give It Up||
Sony, Nickelodeon, Columbia
|#23 Billboard US Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 (sharing with Elizabeth Gillies)|
|2011||Put Your Hearts Up ||
Universal Republic Records
|#24 Pop Charts (unknown), #59 iTunes US|
Universal Republic Records
Universal Republic Records
Universal Republic Records
|2012||Do You Love Me||Universal Republic Records|
|2012||Daydreamin'||Universal Republic Records|
|2012||Voodoo Love||Universal Republic Records|
|2013||Boyfriend Material||Universal Republic Records|
|2013||The Way||Universal Republic Records||#1 iTunes US|
|2010||Victoria Justice||Freak the Freak Out||Cameo||In the role of Cat Valentine|
|2011||Victoria Justice||Beggin' on Your Knees||Cameo||In the role of Cat Valentine|
|2011||Greyson Chance||Unfriend You||Greyson's ex-girlfriend|
|2011||Victoria Justice||All I Want Is Everything||Cameo|
|2012||Ariana Grande||Put Your Hearts Up||Main role|
|2012||Big Time Rush||Time of Our Life||Cameo|
|2012||Victoria Justice||Make It in America||Cameo|
|2012||Ariana Grande and Victoria Justice||LA Boyz||Main Role||In the role of Cat Valentine|
|2012||Elizabeth Gillies||You Don't Know Me||Cameo||In the role of Cat Valentine|
|2012||Victoria Justice||Here's 2 Us||Cameo||In the role of Cat Valentine|
Click here to see the photo gallery for Ariana Grande.
Click here to see the video gallery for Ariana Grande.