|Born:||June 26th, 1993|
|Years Active:||2008 - present|
- Full Name: Ariana Grande-Butera
- Birth-date: June 26th, 1993
- Age: 19
- Hair Color: Dark brown (naturally); Red/Magenta (currently)
- Eye Color: Brown
- Star Sign: Cancer
Grande was born and raised in Boca Raton, Florida. She is of Italian descent, half Sicilian, half Abruzzese. As a child, Grande began performing at Boca Raton’s former Little Palm Theatre for Young People. A few years later, she started to perform in Fort Lauderdale Children's Theater (FLCT). In May 2008, Grande played the role of Charlotte in the musical 13 on Goodspeed, before the Broadway transfer. Months later, 13 the Musical transferred to Broadway, and Grande played the same role of Charlotte, for which she won a National Youth Theatre Association Award. When she joined the musical, Grande left her high school, North Broward Preparatory School, but continued to be enrolled. The school sent materials to her for study with tutors. In 2009 and 2010, Grande performed at Birdland Jazz Club in New York City with Miranda Sings. She played the role of Miriam in the first reading of the forthcoming musical Cuba Libre composed by Desmond Child. Grande teaches music and dance to children in South Africa each year as a member of "Broadway in South Africa." Grande's hair is also naturally brown and curly, but was asked by creator Dan Schneider to dye her hair red velvet because he didn't want a cast of all brunettes. (Because of the shooting schedule, she has to have her hair re-dyed every other week.) She enjoys getting "technically involved" with the TV show: she likes to help and/or watch the producers put together the songs, camera shots, etc. She performs at gigs singing and doing covers of songs, which she has posted on YouTube.
Ariana is also known for playing the role of Charlotte for the musical 13 on Broadway (Elizabeth Gillies also starred in 13 as Lucy) which won her a National Youth Theater Association Award. She played the role of Miriam in the first reading of the new musical Cuba Libre composed by Desmond Child. She has worked with Grammy-winning composers including Diane Warren. In summer 2009 and summer 2011, she taught music and dance to children in South Africa as a member of Broadway in South Africa. She is the younger sister of actor, producer and director Frankie Grande, and has appeared as a contestant in a celebrity episode of the Nickelodeon game show BrainSurge. Grande also does popular impressions of people on her YouTube channel, including Shakira, Britney Spears and others.
Grande is currently working on her solo music career while filming Victorious. She has covered many popular songs such as "Love The Way You Lie", "Born This Way/Express Yourself", "Grenade" and "Vienna" (originally by Billy Joel). She sang an original song called "Suitcase" live and has also recorded a song called "Stick Around" with Graham Phillips (He is also in 13 as the lead role of this Musical), written by Peter Stengaard and Leslie Satcher.
Ariana performed the National Anthem for the first LIVE ESPN broadcast of the Anthem for the Florida Panthers (NHL) when she was 8 years old. Her back-up dancers include/have included Ian Paget, Isaac Calpito, her brother Frankie, Mike Shawn, Emmanuel "Manny" Hernandez, Shane, Scott Nicholson, Brian Nicholson, and Jordan Viscomi.
She is currently writing songs for an upcoming solo album. Her first single "Put Your Hearts Up", co-written by her, Linda Perry and Matt Squire, made its world premiere at http://ryanseacrest.com/. Because of the feedback from her fans, the single was released on iTunes on December 12, 2011, which was earlier than planned release date. The official music video was released on Valentine's Day, 2012, on YouTube.
On December 28, 2011, she performed at Irving Plaza in New York, which got sold out. She also debuted another song, "Honeymoon Avenue" in her show. On her twitter, she reveal that another song in her album will be titled, "Pink Champagne". She debuted this song in mid-February via her concert at The Roxy. She will soon be releasing a new single called "Do You Love Me?" The song is a duet with LMFAO's Sky Blu.
- She was born in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Her height is 5' 2½" (1.58 m)
- Her name was inspired by Princess Oriana from Felix the Cat.
- Her natural hair color is brown, but she dyed her hair to red for her role of Cat in Victorious, since Dan Schneider didn't want all cast members to be brunettes. Her hair is also naturally curly.
- She has a big brother named Frankie. He is also a performer and producer and went on tour with her as one of her dancers.
- Her fashion icons are Marylin Monroe and Audrey Hepburn.
- Her favorite cereal is Cocoa Puffs.
- She has to make her voice higher to play Cat.
- She's allergic to cats (ironically, her character on Victorious loves them and is called Cat). She is also allergic to bananas.
- On December 15, she admitted on Twitter that she's allegedly allergic to bananas, shellfish and some cough medicines.
- Her YouTube channel is osnapitzari (Oh, snap, it's Ari!)
- Her FaceBook page is here
- She joined Youtube on January 21st, 2007.
- Her most watched Youtube video is her cover of Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" with over 31,000,000 (31 million) views.
- She has a birthmark on her left shoulder/back and a dimple in her left cheek.
- She loves Celine Dion and Imogen Heap.
- She's a huge techno-junkie and uses Garage Band to create remixes of her favorite songs using an Apple computer, a LOOP keyboard, and a home studio, seen on this video.
- She's a fan of the Harry Potter series. Coincidentally, there's a character named Ariana (Ariana Dumbledore) in the books.
- Her favorite characters in Harry Potter are Luna Lovegood and Draco Malfoy.
- She loves swimming.
- She and Liz Gilles both passed their driving test together on June 13, 2012.
- She used to collect stuffed animals, hockey pucks, and Halloween masks.
- Her FAN mail address is 265 S. Federal Hwy Suite 331 Deerfield Beach, FL 33441.
- Her favorite colors are periwinkle blue, marshmallow white, sea foam green, and coral/pale pink.
- She was on BrainSurge and wore a pink t-shirt and skinny jeans. She had 130 points, allowing her to move onto the next round, being the only girl to compete. But then she lost, along with Carlos (from Big Time Rush) and was the first one to slide down "The Brain Drain". The episode aired on April 21, 2011.
- She is studying Spanish.
- She loves Judy Garland and can impersonate her quite well.
- She has a talent for mimicking the speaking/singing voices of others, including but not limited to Britney Spears, Shakira, Katy Perry, Judy Garland, Jessie J, her best friend and co-star Liz Gillies, a laughing baby, a crying baby and a lamb "baaa-ing".
- She was in the Original Broadway cast of "13: The Musical" with Elizabeth Gillies.
- She currently lives in L.A. Her house is over 100 years old and was previously owned by Francis Ford Coppola, the director of The Godfather. She says so in this video
- Ariana enjoys watching the hit TV show Gossip Girl.
- Her first crush was Justin Timberlake (she was three).
- She has a dog named Coco.
- She is a Peco-Vegetarian, which means she doesn't eat any meat except for fish. Also, she has never eaten catfish.
- She went to her first concert, a Katy Perry concert, in the summer of 2011.
- She says she can't stand it when you smile at a stranger and they don't smile back.
- She went to Washington, DC for the "Worldwide Day of Play 2011".
- She is hypoglycemic (her blood sugar gets low). As a result, she once ate in class and was put into detention. In the end, her mother took her out of it.
- The first time she ever ate a taco was when she was in a Victorious episode, The Breakfast Bunch.
- Once one of her best friends, Jennette McCurdy, accidentally made her phone number public.
- On December 10, 2011, she reached a million followers on Twitter.
- Ariana put her hands in cement at Planet Hollywood, New York, on December 22, 2011.
- The Huffington Post named Ariana Grande the third most influential actress online above Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Aniston and asked her to represent the voice of her generation by becoming their featured high-school section journalist.
- Ariana wrote a news article about bullying, click here to read it.
- Twitter fact: The World Bank, the world's largest development organization, follows Ariana on Twitter.
- Broadway for South Africa, the organization that Ariana supports, used her debut single, "Put Your Hearts Up".
- The Put Your Hearts Up music video was released on the 14th of February (Valentine's Day). It can be viewed here .
- Ariana's birthday is the same as Jennette McCurdy's, but Jennette is one yearolder, born in 1992, and she is born in 1993.
- Ariana has over 2.2 million followers on twitter and has been named one of the Most Asked Actor Online above Charlie Sheen and Reese Witherspoon. This means, online, people ask Ariana for her favorite trends, music, products, etc. more than any other actor online. She has received over 200 world-wide trending topics for a cash value of $240,000,000 and continues to be one of the most influential people online. She is the 37th most re-tweeted person on twitter and ranks in the 100% percentile of klout.com’s influences.
- Ariana has a demo CD which she hasn't released after 4 years. She posted previews of some songs in her CD, called Rollercoaster, Let It Rain and Higher.
- Her favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate.
- Ariana was partly-discovered by this site
- Her favorite topping is rainbow sprinkles.
- She thinks penguins are cute.
- Her favorite subject is science.
- Her favorite candies are Smarties and Razzles.
- Her favorite fruit is strawberry.
- Her favorite types of movies are romance and comedy.
- She loves hair bows, dolphins, British accents, polka dots.
- She can rap.
- She attended North Broward Preparatory School. She once filmed her teacher shouting at her. Click here to watch it.
- On April 21, she got a little heart tattooed on her second toe, dedicated to her song "Tattooed Heart". Click here to watch her getting the tattoo!
- According to her Nick Screen Test, if she could swap lives with a celebrity for the day it would be Michael Jackson.
- She said she has a crush on Bruno Mars
- Her favorite movie is 13 Going on 30
- Her favorite restaurant is Toast
- She recently made a video with Matt Bennett, in which she tries some back stage acting, however most of the video she giggles and can't hold it, like when she tried to look mad, or how she tries to "kiss" the air.
Stage and screen credits
|2010-present||Victorious||Cat Valentine||Main Role|
|2011||iCarly||Cat Valentine||Guest Star in "iParty with Victorious"|
(Season 4, Episodes 11-13)
|2011||Winx Club||Princess Diaspro||Recurring role, voice only|
|2012||Figure It Out||Herself||Judge Panelist|
Original Broadway Cast
|Year||Song||Record Company||Chart Position|
|2011||Give It Up||
Sony, Nickelodeon, Columbia
|#23 Billboard US Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 (sharing with Elizabeth Gillies)|
|2011||Put Your Hearts Up ||
Universal Republic Records
|#24 Pop Charts (unknown), #59 iTunes US|
Universal Republic Records
Universal Republic Records
Universal Republic Records
|2012||Do You Love Me||Universal Republic Records|
|2010||Victoria Justice||Freak the Freak Out||Cameo|
|2011||Victoria Justice||Beggin' on Your Knees||Cameo|
|2011||Greyson Chance||Unfriend You||Greyson's ex-girlfriend|
|2011||Victoria Justice||All I Want Is Everything||Cameo|
|2012||Ariana Grande||Put Your Hearts Up||Main role|
|2012||Big Time Rush||Time of Our Life||
|2012||Victoria Justice||Make It in America||Cameo|
Click here to see the photo gallery for Ariana Grande.
<AGYT</[[Category:1989 Births]][[Category:Actresses]][[Category:Adults]][[Category:Females]][[Category:Victorious Cast]]>